Gale Hill Floorplans


Gale Hill Floor Plans

Plus Gale Hill Graveyard


Gale Hill, Albemarle County, Virginia was the Minor family home from 1775 until 1930, when it burned to the ground.

Gale Hill was built in two phases - the "old house" in 1775, by James and Mary Carr Minor, and the "new house" in 1857, by William W. and Mary Waters Terrell Minor.

In about 1995, Martha Dabney Jones, who often visited at Gale Hill, suggested that she and Jaquelin Caskie Burns, who was born there in 1920 and lived there until it was destroyed, put their heads together to reconstruct the floor plans of the two houses at different periods. The results, drawn rather crudely by Jasper Burns, are presented below.

The graveyard diagram was prepared after it's renovation in 1982, when the markers for the slave graves were discovered.

Pease note that each picture is a link to a larger version.

1775 HOUSE - MAIN FLOOR
1775 HOUSE -TOP FLOOR
GALE HILL GRAVEYARD
1857 HOUSE - DOWNSTAIRS
1857 HOUSE - MAIN FLOOR
1857 HOUSE - TOP FLOOR

Email Jasper Burns
WWW.JASPERBURNS.COM HOME